Purifying House Plants
Looking for ways to keep the house clean- with minimum effort? Plants can help! Thank you, Art Knapp Plantland - Vernon
1. Bamboo Palm: According to NASA, it removes formaldahyde and is also said to act as a natural humidifier.
2. Snake Plant: Found by NASA to absorb nitrogen oxides and formaldehyde.
3. Areca Palm: One of the best air purifying plants for general air cleanliness.
4. Spider Plant: Great indoor plant for removing carbon monoxide and other toxins or impurities. Spider plants are one of three plants NASA deems best at removing formaldahyde from the air.
5. Peace Lily: Peace lilies could be called the “clean-all.” They’re often placed in bathrooms or laundry rooms because they’re known for removing mold spores. Also know to remove formaldahyde and trichloroethylene.
6. Gerbera Daisy: Not only do these gorgeous flowers remove benzene from the air, they’re known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen over night.
Ivys have air cleansing qualities as well.
The people at NASA are smart, check out this full list of air filtering plants compiled by NASA as part of the NASA Clean Air Study, which researched ways to clean air in space stations. Keep in mind some plants are poisonous to kids and pets, so check the Poisonous or edible column when you check this out: